Water water everywhere an not a drop to drink. Better buy that umbrella drink.
I’m writiing this in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, over half way to Hawaii now. Nothing in sight but beautiful ocean, a few floating coconuts, some flying fish and the occasional piece of paper or trash. Terrible thing to see trash so far out here. I’ve been writing some cruise tips based on my time here so far. They might be helpful to someone who is going to be cruising soon.
Cruising Tips and little known facts
1. What recession? The ship is full and no lack of staff.
2. Book your tours early if you really want a specific one especially if your destination is Hawaii. You might even want to book online before the trip.
3. Book Spa appointments when you get on the ship. They sell out during “at sea” days. However you can get discounts if you get something while the ship is in port. Who wants to get a massage when when the ship is in Hawaii? That seems silly.
4. If you book spa services be aware that they WILL try to sell you product afterwards. If you buy the product, they won’t tell you how much until you sign the charge slip. “That cream cost how much?”
5. Watch your step coming out of the bathroom, there is high threshhold. This can be painful in the middle of the night when you’re half asleep.
6. Just because you CAN eat 24 hours a day doesn’t mean you SHOULD.
7. You can get internet on most ships now. It costs .40 a min if you buy a package plan. You can also use your own laptop for the same price but that gives you the convience of using it in your cabin. (if you’re close to the wi-fi signal).
8. You can also use your cellphone now. Most of the cellphone carriers have provided service to the ship. $2.50 a min, .50 per text to send and .05 cents to receive. The data services for blackberry don’t work. Actually my phone has worked for a few days so not sure how good this service really is.
9. The casino is cashless now. This means you use your sail & sign card to pull money off your account and into the slot machine. This could be trouble if you can’t keep track of your money however it’s very convienent for playing slots.
That’s all the tips for now, more to come later.