Yesterday my steam account wouldn’t load. It was stuck on the loading screen for what seemed like forever.
I kept stopping steam and restarting it and still nothing. I finally left it up and maybe an hour later it loaded. I shut the computer off last night and thought today with a fresh start, maybe it would work. Nope, didn’t work. So I got on google and did some searches. I found a fix and wanted to share it in case anyone else had the same issue.
Find your steam folder under program files and remove the Client Registry Blob. I use Vista so mine was in start> computer>C: >program files> Steam> ClientRegistry Blob. I moved this file to the desktop (I deleted it later) and then realoaded steam. It did an update then loaded right up. Not sure why this problem started in the first place but now I know how to fix it. The other suggestions said to remove the .dll files if removing the blob file didn’t work. I didn’t have to try that part. Also I use NOD32 virus program which is listed as one that can cause issues. Mine works fine so I didn’t believe that was the problem.
Try this easy fix before you go uninstalling and reinstalling, it might save a lot of work.